It was one year ago today that Rusty and Becky Porter went missing from their home in Willard.
On April 19, 2011, an official investigation into the couples disappearance was launched and in July of last year the couple’s remains were found near Pro Tem on a tip to law enforcers.
They had each been shot in the head and there still have been no arrests in the couple's murders, according to authorities.
Investigators in Greene County
A news conference will be held Thursday (04-19-12) for an update on the case, according to a news release.
|Donald "Don" and Helen Willingham|
This is not the only open murder investigation Sheriff Jim Arnott's office is actively investigating.
On April 25, 2011, Don and Helen Willingham, who were both 79 years-old, were found stabbed to death in their home at 2919 W. Swan. Mrs. Willingham had called 9-1-1 to report an intruder was inside the couples home. By the time authorities arrived the couple was dead.
|James B. Richardson|
Last month, 27 year-old James Benjamin Richardson's body was found inside a plastic bag that was floating in the James River near the Joe Crighton Access. Autopsy results are back, however, the sheriff's office is keeping the details regarding Richardson's murder close to the vest.
If you have any information that can help authorities solve these cases you're asked to call 417-868-4040 or 9-1-1.
Timeline in Porter case:
- April 17,2011 - Russell and Rebecca's family finds their Willard home vacant.
- April 19, 2011 - Missing persons investigation launched.
- May 2, 2011- Family announces reward of up to $15,000 for information.
- May 4, 2011 - Greene County Sheriff's Office begins digging up land on 3 properties near the Porters' home.
- June 10, 2011 - Darrell Hufft, Rebecca's brother, denies he had anything to do with the couple's disappearance.
- Mid June - Greene County Sheriff begins working with the Taney County Sheriff in the investigation.
- July 17, 2011 - Family members post fliers of the couple throughout southwest Missouri asking for leads.
- July 22,2011 - Taney County and Greene County sheriffs hold joint news conference announcing they've found remains likely belonging to Russell and Rebecca Porter. The case is now considered.