12:06 PM
0
-





The city administrator in Crane has tendered his resignation.

Bob Savage took the job as city administrator in July of 2012.  


Savage, 48, graduated from Crane High School in 1983 and went on to receive a degree in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Missouri at Rolla.  Savage, who commanded a submarine in the Navy, received an MBA from Burnell in 1994.

He worked at Texas Instruments in Dallas as a "classified engineer" for a few years after leaving the Navy.

Savage says there were no surprises when he took over.  "I was pleasantly surprised to see that the financial health of the city was good when I came on board."

"I've just got some other things I'd rather be doing at this point," said Savage.  


One of Savage's goals as city administrator was to bring new businesses and festivals to town.

"I'm willing to help with future projects when called on," said Savage.

His last day as a city employee is March 24th.

0 comments:

Followers