3:56 PM
0
-





Stone County Treasurer Kristi Stephens has announced that she will seek re-election to the office she has held for the last 15 years.

She says even with an influx of residents to the county, sales tax revenue, which is down, is vital to Stone County's budget.  "Budget constraints weren't really an issue when I took office, said Stephens.  "We had healthy sales tax then, but with the economy and tourism down it has definitely affected revenue."

Stephens, recently served two years as President of the Missouri County Treasurers Association and served six years on the board of the Missouri Association of Counties.

"It has been my pleasure to serve the citizens of this county," said Stephens. "I work very diligently to improve the functionality and efficiency of my office on a daily basis. I hope to continue my pursuit of keeping the Stone County Treasurers office accountable and trustworthy to the people of the county."

Stephens, an Ozark native, and her husband Shannon are the parents to a daughter and son.

0 comments:

Followers