A mother and daughter escaped from a fire that destroyed their mobile home near Blue Eye early Sunday (1-20) morning.
Aubrey Hormel, a high school senior, and her mom lost everything in the fire. Hormel joined the Explorer program of the Southern Stone County Fire Protection District in November.
Firefighter's fought the blaze of their colleague for nearly two hours before they gained control of the fire, which is believe to have been caused by an electrical malfunction. The fire marshal is investigating the blaze.
The Southern Stone County Fire Protection District is accepting donations for Aubrey, who wears a size 11, and her mom, who wears a size 14 in pants. Aubrey wears a size large shirt, and her mom wears and extra large. Shoe sizes for the two are ten and eleven.
Donations can be dropped off at the SSCFPD in Branson West or you can reach Lt. Michelle Griggs at 417-230-0382.