5:18 PM
1
Christian County Coroner Arthur Dean Adams resigned from his office effective immediately in a letter sent to the Christian County Commission today (04-06-11.)

Adams, who's family operates Adams Funeral Home's in Ozark and Nixa, was elected to the position in 2004 and again 2008.

"I just want to spend more time with my family and my family business,” he said.  “It just takes up too much of my time, I can’t keep up both jobs. I have a new baby and new priorities.”

In May of 2009, Adams amended the death certificate of Ozark Dodge owner Rufus Church who was found shot to death inside the dealership in Ozark from homicide to pending investigation.  Adams said at the time, "I amended the original death certificate that I signed regarding Rufus Church from homicide to pending investigation after information was brought to me by the Highway Patrol and the Ozark Police Department."

Adams would not discuss toxicology or other lab results related to the case saying, "I will only release those to the family or the family's lawyers."

Two years later the investigation into Church's death is ongoing with the Highway Patrol taking the lead.  Lt. Dan Bracker recently said the agency was following some promising leads out of state.

Sheriff Joey Kyle will assume the duties of the coroner until Governor Jay Nixon appoints a replacement.  Deputy coroner Michael Ensign will continue and assist Kyle.

1 comments:

Champs said...

coroner adams resigned????


is this really true???


Cheers :)
Wireless KVM Switches solution provider

Followers