4:10 PM

A prior and persistant offender who led officers from several jurisdications on a high speed chase that crossed over two state lines and was eventually stopped with a "pit maneuver" in Branson has filed a federal lawsuit in Harrison, Arkansas.

The Harrison Daily Times says 56-year-old Terry Gale Plunk, who is now incarcerated at The Cummins Prison, is suing nine Harrison and Boone County officers, eight Missouri and Branson officers, and two Arkansas state troopers, alleging he was "kicked and stomped numerous times," on April 24, 2006.

Plunk, who is working as his on attorney, alleges in court documents that eleven officers either participated or watched, while the others law enforcers were sued for not overseeing them properly and not trying to "remedy the wrong."

In April 2006, lawmen attempted to stop Plunk near Omaha on a drug warrant in Arkansas when Plunk veered toward a Boone County deputy who was deploying spike strips. Plunk made a U-Turn and drove back to Missouri where his car was rammed by a Missouri State Highway Patrol officer at Highway 76 and 6th Street in Branson. When cops searched his vehicle they found over a pound of methamphetamine in the car.

Plunk pleaded guilty to possession of meth with intent to deliver, aggravated assault, fleeing in a vehicle, three counts of criminal mischief, possession of drug paraphernalia, felon in possession of a firearm and possession of marijuana.

In August 2006, a confidential informant made a plea deal with prosecutors to set Plunk up in exchange for help so that his wife would not be charged in a criminal case. That deal was arranged to take place at the Tourist Information Center north of Harrison where undercover officers set up a sting operation to sell a half-pound of methamphetamine. Harrison police officer David Osborn and several other officers were also at the TIC.

During the sting operation, Osborn fired two shots into Plunk’s vehicle as he tried to flee. Authorities alleged that Plunk tried to run over Osborn, and Plunk was charged with attempted capital murder of a police officer.

A Harrison, AR, jury found Plunk guilty in July 2007 of possession of methamphetamine with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia but, they acquitted Plunk of the attempted murder charge.
Jurors were set to deliberate Plunk’s sentence in the during the guilty phase of the trial, however, they didn't get that chance because the prosecution and defense entered into a plea deal that allowed Plunk to plead guilty to all other charges against him in the pending case.

In the state's part of the deal, Plunk pleaded out as a habitual offender, which enhanced his prison sentence, and therfore waived his right to appeal the jury convictions. Plunk was sentenced to 72 years in prison for possession of meth with the intent intent to deliver and 10 years for possession of drug paraphernalia.

He was sentenced to almost 200 years in prison, but all sentences are to run concurrently with the 72-year sentence from the trial

Plunk is seeking $6.2 million from various defendant officers and agencies in his lawsuit in addition to $3.6 million to $6 million depending on how many officers allegedly participated and stood by.
*****Greg Brock contributed to this story